Jul 22 06:02 <chen> lets get started!
Jul 22 06:02 *seb128 (~seb128@ANancy-258-1-53-2.w90-39.abo.wanadoo.fr) has joined #evolution-meet
Jul 22 06:02 <chen> we have 2.27.5 release coming on monday
Jul 22 06:02 <seb128> hi
Jul 22 06:02 <chen> and feature freeze starts then. if you have any features to be committed, get them in by this week
Jul 22 06:02 <chen> hey seb128
Jul 22 06:03 *andre gives channel operator status to chen mbarnes
Jul 22 06:03 <chen> we will also be branching around couple of weeks time for 2.27 as we discussed before
Jul 22 06:03 <chen> jony, please update us on the eds-dbus-addressbook port..
Jul 22 06:03 <chen> once thats merged we should be ready for branching
Jul 22 06:04 <jony> okies .. so i fixed a two bugs
Jul 22 06:04 <jony> now google addressbook seems toe be working good .
Jul 22 06:04 <jony> and groupwise testing is going on .
Jul 22 06:04 <chen> nice!!
Jul 22 06:04 <jony> and almost there with groupwise ..
Jul 22 06:04 <chen> what about exchange ?
Jul 22 06:05 <jony> chen: that is yet to be done .. probably by tonight ..
Jul 22 06:05 <chen> jony, great
Jul 22 06:05 <jony> i think by this weekend addressbook would be working with dbus .
Jul 22 06:06 <varadhan> jony, excellent!
Jul 22 06:06 <chen> so shall we then go for merging dbus-hybrid branch after 2.27.5 release is over..
Jul 22 06:06 <chen> ?
Jul 22 06:06 <chen> jony, ^
Jul 22 06:06 <jony> chen before .5 .. right ?
Jul 22 06:07 <jony> thanks varadhan :) just looking into eds for some fun :)
Jul 22 06:07 <chen> jony, if you can get that working sure..
Jul 22 06:07 <chen> i mean on all backends
Jul 22 06:07 <jony> chen: gimme a day .. i'll let you know ..
Jul 22 06:07 <chen> fine
Jul 22 06:07 <chen> updates from my side,
Jul 22 06:08 <chen> Calendar cache rewrite done. Have a patch which ports groupwise,caldav, weather and http backends which is currently being tested. I will be committing the patch today or tomorrow after getting a nod from lakhil, mcrha
Jul 22 06:08 <chen> Reivewed GSoc patches, it still has some missing files and some re-work needs to be done. I will be provding the entire list of comments to stanislav and we will be taking the patch for 3.0 once its re-worked
Jul 22 06:09 <chen> updated the sqlite version minimum version to 3.6.16 in external dependency for gnome-2.27.x..
Jul 22 06:09 <chen> yet to start on a thread in e-h list regarding bugzilla cleanup..
Jul 22 06:09 <chen> i also wanted to list all the active hackers who will be involved in patch-reviews mapping with components
Jul 22 06:10 <chen> prolly we will discuss it after the meeting, though we are clear on some components, it would be better to have it published
Jul 22 06:10 <lakhil> chen, is it possible to file bug on gsoc work (if it doesn't affect gsoc process) so we can also see updates ?
Jul 22 06:11 <chen> lakhil, yup i have asked stanislav to file a bug and upload the patches there
Jul 22 06:11 <lakhil> cool
Jul 22 06:11 <chen> lakhil, since i don have the entire patch yet, am waiting. but can still raise a bug :-)
Jul 22 06:11 <chen> lets go around to the room to gather updates..
Jul 22 06:11 <lakhil> oh .. missing files :(
Jul 22 06:11 <chen> andre, anything to share..
Jul 22 06:12 <chen> mbarnes, updates for us?
Jul 22 06:12 <mbarnes> almost finished migrating kill-bonobo from libglade to GtkBuilder
Jul 22 06:12 <mbarnes> then it's on to get the calendar working as quickly as possible
Jul 22 06:13 <chen> mbarnes, awesome!!
Jul 22 06:13 <chen> mbarnes, understand its really a lot of changes for migrating to gtkbuilder
Jul 22 06:13 <andre> congrats
Jul 22 06:14 <chen> abharath, updates ?
Jul 22 06:14 <abharath> chen: been onto the native GAL for MAPI. Planning to push it in for this release
Jul 22 06:14 <chen> abharath, great!
Jul 22 06:14 <abharath> so we had hid the GAL configuration from the account editor. will open it up
Jul 22 06:14 <chen> EvaSDK, anything to share ?
Jul 22 06:15 <abharath> so that the feature freeze is ok :)
Jul 22 06:15 <chen> cool :)
Jul 22 06:15 <mbarnes> chen: migration is straight-forward but it touches a lot of code, yes
Jul 22 06:15 <hggdh> question: any position on which version of libpst will be used?
Jul 22 06:15 <chen> abharath, ^
Jul 22 06:16 <abharath> mbarnes: would .41 be good for us?
Jul 22 06:16 <mbarnes> I spoke with Carl about libpst yesterday. claims there's no more API breaks coming
Jul 22 06:16 <abharath> I'll work on it once we get the version fixed. I had the patch for .37 in there
Jul 22 06:16 <mbarnes> so yeah, we should target .41
Jul 22 06:17 <abharath> mbarnes: cool. Onto my todo list then
Jul 22 06:17 <chen> hggdh, anything else you want to bring ?
Jul 22 06:17 <hggdh> abharath: could you please contact Carl? My emails to him seem to be bouncing again
Jul 22 06:17 <abharath> hggdh: sure I'll do
Jul 22 06:17 <hggdh> chen, no, I am OK. This was my only doubt
Jul 22 06:17 <chen> hggdh, fine
Jul 22 06:17 <chen> jony, updates ?
Jul 22 06:18 <jony> chen: nothing much .. just poking around eds dbus ..
Jul 22 06:18 <chen> jony, have ur patches committed to the branch asap
Jul 22 06:18 <chen> lakhil, updates ?
Jul 22 06:18 <jony> chen: sure ..
Jul 22 06:18 <lakhil> chen, sle testing, bug triaging, tested mapi folder size patch and currently on cache rewrite patch
Jul 22 06:19 <chen> lakhil, thanks!
Jul 22 06:19 <chen> liam, anything to share ?
Jul 22 06:19 <chen> mcrha, updates ?
Jul 22 06:19 <liam> Well there's the nspr/nss bug thing ( which I'm still sorry for bombing through my flu :-( ) and there's the bogofilter check
Jul 22 06:20 <mcrha> actually nothing interesting, just a usual week
Jul 22 06:20 <chen> liam, i think u were in touch with mbarnes for nspr/nss patches right ?
Jul 22 06:20 <chen> mcrha, thanks for the update on etable stuff :)
Jul 22 06:21 <varadhan> lakhil is actually a test bot here - not a homo sapien ;-)
Jul 22 06:21 <liam> Yes. But they should still be tested. The bogofilter update will be updated, there was a stupid typi in it. Think I'm fine again.
Jul 22 06:21 <mcrha> chen, ah, right, that one wasn't a usual work :)
Jul 22 06:21 <lakhil> varadhan, far behind to be declared a bot :P
Jul 22 06:21 <chen> liam, ok
Jul 22 06:21 <chen> seb128, anything to share ?
Jul 22 06:21 <mbarnes> liam: I'll try to get to those patches soon. might not be today, but will target 2.27.5
Jul 22 06:22 <seb128> chen, not this week, looking forward all the changes ;-)
Jul 22 06:22 <chen> cool :)
Jul 22 06:22 <chen> varadhan, any updates ?
Jul 22 06:22 <liam> mbarnes, I'm fine with me. The flu has really influenced the quality, so I will do today some good checking.
Jul 22 06:22 *chen remembers varadhan was interested in porting addressbook cache from libdb to sqlite ;)
Jul 22 06:22 <varadhan> chen, wanted to work on a patch to bid farewell to libdb and use sqlite instead
Jul 22 06:22 <liam> Ah and there's a lil problem left... Although I'm not sure if it's relevant for release
Jul 22 06:23 <liam> We fail to build doc with gtk-doc 1.12
Jul 22 06:23 <varadhan> but, yet to squeeze some time to actually do it ;-)
Jul 22 06:23 <liam> ( which hasn't been released yet! )
Jul 22 06:23 <chen> varadhan, looking forward for that :)
Jul 22 06:23 <mcrha> hmm, sqlite for contacts cache? with all the issues on mailer side?
Jul 22 06:24 <varadhan> mcrha, moving from libdb to sqlite would mostly a straight forward method than what happened in mailer
Jul 22 06:24 <mcrha> varadhan, do you expect it as that quick as it is now, at least?
Jul 22 06:25 <chen> liam, lets take it after the meeting..
Jul 22 06:25 <hggdh> well, and the addressbook is not as volatile as mailer's cache
Jul 22 06:25 <varadhan> mcrha, yes, won't be much dragging
Jul 22 06:25 <EvaSDK> chen: nope
Jul 22 06:25 <mcrha> varadhan, ok, let's see
Jul 22 06:26 <chen> anything else from anyone ?
Jul 22 06:27 *chen wants to track some critical bugs and patches in the meeting from next week. will kick start a thread in e-h list first which i have been thinking for sometime
Jul 22 06:27 <chen> so thats for next week!
Jul 22 06:27 <chen> until then have fun! and let meet next week with more updates :)