Nov 11 05:06 <chen> There are couple of things which we would be discussing in the meeting today,
Nov 11 05:06 <chen> 1) revised meeting timings
Nov 11 05:06 <chen> 2) Frequency and agenda for the meetings
Nov 11 05:07 <chen> Lets start with the 1st..
Nov 11 05:07 <chen> I was just thinking about a good overlap time for EST/IST/CET timezones,
Nov 11 05:08 <chen> would 8-9 pm IST be a good one ?
Nov 11 05:08 <mcrha> 3) blockers/bugs to be done
Nov 11 05:08 <chen> which would be 3:30 PM for mcrha and 9:30 am for mbarnes|away (i guess)
Nov 11 05:09 <chen> mcrha, yup, that would come under agenda discussion :)
Nov 11 05:09 <mcrha> fine for me, that time I'm usually working
Nov 11 05:09 <lakhil> chen, i am fine at 9 pm IST
Nov 11 05:09 <chen> nice
Nov 11 05:09 <chen> jony, abharath ?
Nov 11 05:09 <abharath> works for me too
Nov 11 05:09 <chen> abharath, 8 or 9 ? :)
Nov 11 05:10 <mcrha> 8 during winter, 9 during summer :)
Nov 11 05:10 <abharath> 9 pm IST
Nov 11 05:10 <abharath> mcrha: :D
Nov 11 05:10 <jony> chen: sounds good .
Nov 11 05:10 <mcrha> when you make it UTC, then the time shift makes changes
Nov 11 05:10 <jony> (having trouble with wireless)
Nov 11 05:11 <chen> mcrha, lol both remains same here :) not much change in climate during nights :)
Nov 11 05:11 <mcrha> chen, I meant time shift during winter and summer.
Nov 11 05:12 <chen> mcrha, when does the shift happen for u?
Nov 11 05:12 <mcrha> chen, by the way, that doesn't sound much fair for you, in IST, havin it so late
Nov 11 05:12 <mcrha> summer time, winter time, right? it's in the timezone info ;)
Nov 11 05:13 <chen> mcrha, yeah
Nov 11 05:13 <chen> mcrha, not a problem for us, its better to have it late evening than early morning :)
Nov 11 05:13 <jony> chen: i'm fine with anything above 10 pm ist :)
Nov 11 05:13 <chen> jony, cool
Nov 11 05:13 <chen> so shall we go with 9 pm IST ?
Nov 11 05:14 *chen checks
Nov 11 05:14 <jony> chen: i think mbarnes|away would have to give his opinion .. he wakes up very early for this.
Nov 11 05:14 <chen> jony, had a word with him on monday and he was ok with having it one later than now,
Nov 11 05:15 <chen> which should be 6:00 am for him
Nov 11 05:15 <chen> but since our office shuttles starts after 1 1/2 hours from now,
Nov 11 05:15 <jony> chen: oh oki. 6am is still too early for me :) that too winter time :D
Nov 11 05:15 <chen> it wont be good for some of us to be in the meeting
Nov 11 05:15 <jony> chen: cool.
Nov 11 05:16 <chen> so if we get it any time around 7 PM IST it would suit everyone
Nov 11 05:16 <mcrha> 7 PM is less than 10 PM for jony :)
Nov 11 05:17 <chen> so meetings at wednesday's 9 PM from next week ok ?
Nov 11 05:17 <lakhil> +1
Nov 11 05:17 *chen just wanted to see the +1's :)
Nov 11 05:17 <mcrha> is it 9+1 or +1 like "yeah"? ;)
Nov 11 05:18 <chen> mcrha, anything that says everyone are fine with it :)
Nov 11 05:18 <chen> jony, abharath knirav ?
Nov 11 05:18 <abharath> chen: +1
Nov 11 05:18 <mcrha> chen, I'm fine, just give the time in UTC
Nov 11 05:19 <jony> chen: sounds good to me :)
Nov 11 05:19 <jony> mcrha: thanks :)
Nov 11 05:19 <chen> 3:30 PM UTC
Nov 11 05:19 <chen> ok done, will announce it in e-h later tonight after having a word with mbarnes|away
Nov 11 05:20 <chen> moving on with the next,
Nov 11 05:20 <mcrha> mbarnes|away, has a veto right ;)
Nov 11 05:20 <chen> what shall we have as an agenda for weekly meetings ?
Nov 11 05:20 <chen> a bug list from lakhil for the forth coming release would be good,
Nov 11 05:21 <chen> and each one of us can assign bugs from that which we feel is important and discuss on that ?
Nov 11 05:21 <chen> mcrha, what do u think?
Nov 11 05:22 <chen> mcrha, jony, abharath lakhil ?
Nov 11 05:22 <mcrha> some are just important, not by a feeling. But yes, I'm fine with that.
Nov 11 05:22 *lakhil wants to give bug list which will have wish list + critical bugs :)
Nov 11 05:22 <abharath> hehe :)
Nov 11 05:22 <lakhil> because wish list gives opportunity to try out something different :P
Nov 11 05:23 <chen> lakhil, fine with it, lets try it and make changes based on how it goes..
Nov 11 05:23 <lakhil> sure
Nov 11 05:23 <abharath> I'm sure lakhil just wants to feel like a king ;)
Nov 11 05:23 <chen> mcrha, that would include the blockers and ones critical for the release
Nov 11 05:23 <mcrha> how many of them? giving link to a list of them?
Nov 11 05:23 <lakhil> abharath, i am the one who is serving not ordering ;-)
Nov 11 05:24 <abharath> lakhil: :D
Nov 11 05:24 <mcrha> with a link one might have an overlook what is going on with those, and whether anyone is on them
Nov 11 05:24 <chen> mcrha, yes a link to them and we can go over them and we can assign them to us in the metting itself :)
Nov 11 05:24 <lakhil> mcrha, sure .. i will give link also
Nov 11 05:24 <mcrha> ok, sounds good
Nov 11 05:25 <chen> so the plan is send the agenda for the meeting with the list of bugs on every monday..
Nov 11 05:26 <chen> and if in case we don have an agenda for a week, we can just meet to have a get together :)
Nov 11 05:26 <lakhil> ah .. bug list should be sent fortnightly
Nov 11 05:26 <chen> and meeting cancellations will be announced on monday if any
Nov 11 05:26 <mcrha> when you send the list on monday, assign it on wednesday evening, when will you work on that?
Nov 11 05:26 <chen> lakhil, yup fine
Nov 11 05:27 <chen> mcrha, in the next couple of weeks..
Nov 11 05:27 <mcrha> I mean, the critical bugs should be fixed quite quickly...
Nov 11 05:27 <chen> mcrha, ah yeah that would be for a release
Nov 11 05:27 <lakhil> mcrha, yep .. that i share always on irc without waiting for meeting
Nov 11 05:27 <chen> mcrha, would be good to mention a target milestone in the bug
Nov 11 05:28 <mcrha> hmm, what will happen to the list from two weeks back?
Nov 11 05:28 <chen> mcrha, if any bug is not fixed and,
Nov 11 05:28 <chen> it needs to be, it will obviously remain on the new list as well
Nov 11 05:29 <chen> so anyone who has it assigned to them will be able to answer about the same..
Nov 11 05:29 <chen> mcrha, lakhil should be able to maintain that :)
Nov 11 05:29 <mcrha> so will we endup with a link to the full bugzilla after a year? ;)
Nov 11 05:29 <lakhil> mcrha, lol
Nov 11 05:29 <chen> mcrha, ah not all are blockers/critical ones :D
Nov 11 05:30 <chen> mcrha, prolly we will know how it goes in a month :)
Nov 11 05:30 *lakhil usually moves one without thinking about old bugs :P
Nov 11 05:30 <chen> don need to wait for a year ;)
Nov 11 05:30 <chen> mcrha, is it not ?
Nov 11 05:31 <mcrha> ok, so lakhil will monitor newly added bug reports to eds/evo/eex/ema/gtkhtml and pick critical one to the list a)
Nov 11 05:31 <mcrha> and then there will be a list b) of "nice to have based on users/... preference"
Nov 11 05:31 <mcrha> both will be updated week by week
Nov 11 05:31 <mcrha> (question mark)?
Nov 11 05:31 <chen> lakhil, ?
Nov 11 05:32 <lakhil> chen, mcrha i usually pick up the bugs which are ignored ... like i didn't pick even a single bug from kb regression
Nov 11 05:32 *chen is keen on the first than the second for begining period :)
Nov 11 05:32 <lakhil> as i thought those are taken care already
Nov 11 05:32 <lakhil> if you want to pick from all of them .. then i will do the same
Nov 11 05:33 *mcrha doesn't know what he wants
Nov 11 05:33 <abharath> :D
Nov 11 05:33 <chen> better to have blockers/critical ones for the next releases first
Nov 11 05:33 <lakhil> mcrha, i will catch you on irc as usual :D
Nov 11 05:33 <chen> and once we get started, we can evolve it based on how it goes
Nov 11 05:34 <mcrha> the only thing I noticed is that newly crashers might be relatively easily catch because of newly added changes in the code
Nov 11 05:34 <chen> yup
Nov 11 05:35 <mcrha> ok, so give a word to lakhil now? :)
Nov 11 05:35 <chen> mcrha, on ? :)
Nov 11 05:35 <mcrha> with a demo of bugs he has ready. I suppose he has some :)
Nov 11 05:36 <chen> mcrha, maybe better to go on from next meeting!
Nov 11 05:36 <chen> mcrha, or after the meet on #evolution ? :)
Nov 11 05:37 <mcrha> up to you. I'm here
Nov 11 05:37 <lakhil> one more thing - you people can let me by time to time if i am not picking right bugs ... /me needs feedback :)
Nov 11 05:37 *chen does not want to rush lakhil today
Nov 11 05:37 <chen> lakhil, sure!!
Nov 11 05:37 <mcrha> be sure, lakhil, be sure
Nov 11 05:37 <lakhil> though i have my small list always :P
Nov 11 05:37 <chen> lol
Nov 11 05:38 <lakhil> mcrha, who complains more .. will be given the opportunity to prepare bug list ... /me hides
Nov 11 05:38 <chen> will summarize these and share in e-h list
Nov 11 05:38 <chen> so that if any users/more devs wants to join, they can
Nov 11 05:38 <abharath> lakhil: :D
Nov 11 05:38 *mcrha gave a little list of semi-known issues already, few days ago on the irc, might call it blockers for 2.30, maybe
Nov 11 05:38 <chen> we might get some more people coming up with bugs, who knows :)
Nov 11 05:39 <mcrha> understood sir (lakhil)
Nov 11 05:39 <abharath> chen: you know ;)
Nov 11 05:39 <chen> abharath, :)
Nov 11 05:39 <lakhil> mcrha, hehe :)
Nov 11 05:40 <chen> starting with my work during last week,
Nov 11 05:40 <chen> was working a bit on imapx, adding multiple namespace support and syncronizing folders - almost complete
Nov 11 05:40 <chen> should be done by today
Nov 11 05:40 <mcrha> chen, last week only? give us an overview since last meeting
Nov 11 05:41 <chen> will get the code committed by tomorrow
Nov 11 05:41 <chen> mcrha, when was the last meeting ? :)
Nov 11 05:41 *chen is forgot :)
Nov 11 05:41 <mcrha> yeah, that's the point :)
Nov 11 05:41 <chen> mcrha, right and thats why we are discussing to have agenda and so :)
Nov 11 05:42 <mcrha> yup, I agree
Nov 11 05:42 *chen did not have much pace for sometime due to some reasons, but overcoming it now
Nov 11 05:42 <chen> abharath, whats going on with mapi?
Nov 11 05:43 <abharath> chen: I'll put up a patch for that libmapi issue. Fix on evo-mapi should do it. Just started with looking into some Free/Busy stuff. would be onto some of Paul Smith's issues and then GAL :d
Nov 11 05:44 <chen> abharath, upstream the fixes..
Nov 11 05:44 <abharath> chen: yeah would do them this week
Nov 11 05:44 <chen> jony, updates?
Nov 11 05:44 <chen> abharath, cool
Nov 11 05:45 <chen> knirav, anything to share?
Nov 11 05:45 <chen> lakhil, updates?
Nov 11 05:45 <lakhil> random testing on master, more stress on mapi testing , bug triaging .. that's all from my side
Nov 11 05:46 <lakhil> and poking mcrha time to time :P
Nov 11 05:46 <jony> chen: working on events .. would be pushing it to master on monday .. probably would do a screencast on it :)
Nov 11 05:46 <chen> lakhil, nice :)
Nov 11 05:46 <chen> jony, awesome!!
Nov 11 05:46 <chen> mcrha, updates ?
Nov 11 05:46 <mcrha> I probably didn't mention yet, thus doing now: I did commit few of mine pending patches in bugzilla to master, it'll either break something or will help. Will see. I'm attaching patches for review very rarely now, I usually commit right to the sources. You said I can, so I do.
Nov 11 05:47 <mcrha> it's the biggest change in my workflow for few last weeks
Nov 11 05:47 <mcrha> there are still quite many patches to be reviewed, though
Nov 11 05:47 <chen> mcrha, yup a good change too. if u have any doubts on a patch, do attach them review..
Nov 11 05:48 <chen> mcrha, yeah just looking at that, would be good if we can separate out areas between us..
Nov 11 05:48 <mcrha> sure, but as I'm testing it, then it's partially safe to commit
Nov 11 05:49 <chen> understand that there would be some part of code which each one of us might not know well enough to review,
Nov 11 05:49 <chen> but with a small team we just have to take the responsibility there to understand and then review..
Nov 11 05:49 <mcrha> I tried to review few patches, but it's something I didn't growth for enough yet
Nov 11 05:49 <chen> mcrha, so I will let u know the list am picking and we can share the others among each one of us
Nov 11 05:50 *mcrha has a link for pending patches
Nov 11 05:50 <chen> mcrha, so we will clearly have a boundary on who is responsible for what and would help to discuss in the meeting..
Nov 11 05:50 <chen> mcrha, shall we follow this approach ?
Nov 11 05:50 <chen> abharath, jony lakhil ?
Nov 11 05:51 <mcrha> there are only 60 unreviewed at the moment, not bad
Nov 11 05:51 <abharath> chen: okies
Nov 11 05:51 <chen> mcrha, so divide based on components or a list ?
Nov 11 05:52 <mcrha> nope, let me pastebin the link
Nov 11 05:52 <lakhil> chen, I am fine with any approach as well as patch are getting committed in right time
Nov 11 05:52 <lakhil> s/patch/patches
Nov 11 05:52 *chen looks at ti
Nov 11 05:53 <chen> mcrha, am looking at having some responsibilities for future too..
Nov 11 05:54 <chen> mcrha, so if we have more patches coming in, we would know where most lie and who to ask for..
Nov 11 05:55 <mcrha> lakhil, yup, I guess the bugzilla itself can also save searches, but I'm not sure how it works
Nov 11 05:55 <mcrha> chen, aren't patches usually random, what users like or not?
Nov 11 05:56 <chen> mcrha, usually only some components get many patches
Nov 11 05:56 <chen> mcrha, prolly we can discuss it over a mail, i can send the trend and we can decide on things,
Nov 11 05:57 <chen> mail would give each one to think a bit..
Nov 11 05:57 <chen> mcrha, ok ?
Nov 11 05:57 <mcrha> I do not know, but from my point of view the best approach would be to kill pending patches quite quickly, and then take care of newly added once in a week or two. I guess not many people are helping with evo code.
Nov 11 05:58 <mcrha> though the above link is showing only unreviewed patches, those reviewed-waiting for clarification, aren't there
Nov 11 05:58 <chen> mcrha, u know at some point we might all ignore it carrying on with coding, god knows. a concept of individual component maintainers was even thought for the same reason i suppose.. ?
Nov 11 05:59 <chen> mcrha, maybe better to take it offline :)
Nov 11 05:59 <mcrha> chen, yup, I understand. Might be good.
Nov 11 06:00 <mcrha> just that long pending patches are most likely obsolete by something else or by code changes, so the initial "cleanup" is sort of crucial
Nov 11 06:00 <chen> mcrha, yup agree
Nov 11 06:00 *mcrha is seeing a clear volunteer for a cleanup ;)
Nov 11 06:00 <chen> mcrha, will send out a mail today looking at the list
Nov 11 06:01 *chen volunteers
Nov 11 06:01 <mcrha> good. thanks.
Nov 11 06:01 <chen> mcrha, so if I don do it by next week, kick me :)
Nov 11 06:01 <chen> anything else to discuss?
Nov 11 06:01 <mcrha> same as I told lakhil: be sure, chen, be sure :)
Nov 11 06:02 <chen> lol
Nov 11 06:02 <mcrha> no blocker bugs these week then?
Nov 11 06:02 <mcrha> as for example the evo alarm notify doesn't work for me, it crashes
Nov 11 06:02 <chen> lakhil, can u send them over to all of us by mail?
Nov 11 06:02 <mcrha> it's a blocker for sure, as without it people will claim
Nov 11 06:03 <chen> mcrha, what about assigning after lakhil sends?
Nov 11 06:03 <lakhil> chen, sure ..
Nov 11 06:03 <mcrha> no idea if this exact one is a bug already. Just I noticed and didn't care enough
Nov 11 06:03 <lakhil> mcrha, master or stable ?
Nov 11 06:04 <lakhil> i haven't seen any bug in bugzilla yet
Nov 11 06:04 <mcrha> the trouble is that the locking around dbus calls is not helping there
Nov 11 06:04 *chen remembers hearing it as master
Nov 11 06:04 <mcrha> yup, master.
Nov 11 06:04 <chen> mcrha, please file a bug
Nov 11 06:04 <chen> and lakhil can test and add to the list
Nov 11 06:04 <mcrha> and just yesterday I noticed, also on master, starting evolution the second time crashes e-addressbook-factory somewhere in gconf, but no evo code related, very strange
Nov 11 06:05 <mcrha> ok, I'll do that.
Nov 11 06:05 <chen> mcrha, cool
Nov 11 06:05 <mcrha> I guess that's all. An hour passed so quickly :)
Nov 11 06:05 <chen> mcrha, yeah :)
Nov 11 06:06 <chen> lakhil, send over a mail :)
Nov 11 06:06 <lakhil> chen, i will send in another half an hr
Nov 11 06:06 <chen> We can again catch up next week with new timings :)
Nov 11 06:06 <chen> lakhil, nice!!
Nov 11 06:06 <mcrha> yup, just ping me before I get used to the new time
Nov 11 06:07 <chen> mcrha, sure!!
Nov 11 06:07 <chen> mcrha, abharath jony lakhil thanks all!!