Nov 19 10:35 <chen> Before going through the agenda sent over to the e-h list..
Nov 19 10:35 <chen> there is some exiting news!!
Nov 19 10:36 <mcrha> abharath, nope, chen did today :)
Nov 19 10:36 <chen> we have been talking about having mailer in EDS for a long time
Nov 19 10:36 <chen> Its a pleasure to introduce treitter (Travis Reitter), jonner (Jonathon Jongsma ) from collabora
Nov 19 10:36 <chen> who are going to make this a reality!!
Nov 19 10:36 <jony> woohoo !!
Nov 19 10:37 <chen> hi jonner and treitter!!
Nov 19 10:37 <abharath> yay :) sounds great :) welcome guys
Nov 19 10:37 <jony> hello hello treitter and jonner
Nov 19 10:37 <mcrha> hi both
Nov 19 10:37 <jonner> hi
Nov 19 10:37 <treitter> yup, should be a nice change
Nov 19 10:37 <chen> they will be soon sharing the design aspects in the wiki and e-h list with everyone!!
Nov 19 10:38 <chen> its just so awesome to have new people and with some exiting new things in evo!!
Nov 19 10:38 <jonner> yeah, looking forward to working with all of you more closely
Nov 19 10:38 <jony> chen: so when are we targetting this feature ?
Nov 19 10:39 <lakhil> Can we expect it to be done by gnome 3.0 ? :) /me excited
Nov 19 10:39 <chen> they are going through the design aspects right now and more I will leave the floor to them to reply :)
Nov 19 10:39 <chen> jonner, treitter ^^
Nov 19 10:40 <jonner> gnome 3.0 is next september, so I think that's definitely acheivable
Nov 19 10:40 <lakhil> sounds great
Nov 19 10:40 <chen> that will be awesome!!
Nov 19 10:40 *abharath claps :) waiting for the design eagerly
Nov 19 10:40 *chen is just exited to see apps like mail-notify running in panel using mailer in eds :)
Nov 19 10:41 <chen> see/imagine atm :)
Nov 19 10:41 <chen> So now lets move on with the agenda we have for this meeting
Nov 19 10:41 <chen> the first in the list is,
Nov 19 10:41 <chen> the current blockers we have..
Nov 19 10:42 <chen> we have around 16 blockers across evo, eds, evo-ex and mapi..
Nov 19 10:42 <chen> some have taken too many iterations but had not got the closure yet..
Nov 19 10:42 <chen> what would be the best way to go about them ?
Nov 19 10:43 *chen thinks the first step might be to get a name assigned to each one of them..
Nov 19 10:43 <jony> chen: okies. may work.
Nov 19 10:43 <chen> and look into it first to get a closure than targetting any other ones..
Nov 19 10:44 <abharath> chen: let each one pick up what works for him :)
Nov 19 10:44 <chen> if some bugs do not belong to the blocker category they should be removed
Nov 19 10:44 <chen> having the blocker tag means they are the top-most bugs which needs to be looked at..
Nov 19 10:44 <chen> I see a lot of bugs with assignees as maintainers..
Nov 19 10:45 *chen feels mbarnes has missed the time ?
Nov 19 10:45 <chen> abharath, agree!
Nov 19 10:45 <chen> abharath, I see one assigned to varadhan in exchange :)
Nov 19 10:45 <chen> mcrha, what do you think?
Nov 19 10:45 <mbarnes> chen: no, I'm here
Nov 19 10:46 <chen> ah ok
Nov 19 10:46 <mcrha> depends on a respective bug.
Nov 19 10:46 *EvaSDK (eva@APuteaux-554-1-28-22.w86-217.abo.wanadoo.fr) has joined #evolution-meet
Nov 19 10:46 <chen> mcrha, yup, we have the freedom to choose bugs :)
Nov 19 10:47 <chen> but it would be good if all the blockers are booked with a name..
Nov 19 10:47 <mcrha> yeah, sort of "freedom"
Nov 19 10:47 <chen> so that we are clear who is reponsible for getting it closed..
Nov 19 10:47 <mcrha> lakhil is good in closing bugs :)
Nov 19 10:47 <chen> we have been having the blockers for quite sometime and release with them is not so good..
Nov 19 10:47 <chen> lol
Nov 19 10:48 <abharath> mcrha: :D
Nov 19 10:48 <lakhil> mcrha: blockers should be closed as resolved fixed :P
Nov 19 10:48 <chen> mbarnes, do u have something else in mind ?
Nov 19 10:48 *mcrha closed one as a duplicate of the other yesterday or so
Nov 19 10:49 *chen is worried about the disk-summary bugs which has stayed for quite sometime now
Nov 19 10:49 <andre> me too.
Nov 19 10:49 <mbarnes> chen: I'm fine with assigning blocker bugs. we need to be careful of disgruntled users promoting severity themselves though
Nov 19 10:50 <mcrha> yeah, definitely
Nov 19 10:50 <chen> jony, with respect to mapi,
Nov 19 10:50 <mcrha> will the mailer movement to eds change anything there?
Nov 19 10:50 <jony> yup ..
Nov 19 10:50 <chen> I see three blockers, one is assigned
Nov 19 10:50 <jony> chen: i'll take a look at them.
Nov 19 10:50 <chen> cool, plz assign them to you :)
Nov 19 10:50 <abharath> chen: I will commit one of those blockers tomo first thing in the morning
Nov 19 10:50 <chen> mbarnes, yup completely agree :)
Nov 19 10:51 <abharath> the mapi blockers I meant
Nov 19 10:51 <jony> chen: i'll try .. little distracted with other things .. so would take some time ..
Nov 19 10:51 <jony> some are distro specific crashers. don't have time to install/debug it
Nov 19 10:51 <chen> mcrha, yup it would, you would prolly know more clearly once jonner and treitter share the design in the wiki once its finalized
Nov 19 10:52 <chen> abharath, cool
Nov 19 10:52 <mcrha> ok
Nov 19 10:52 <chen> jony, ah ok
Nov 19 10:52 <chen> jony, understand
Nov 19 10:53 <chen> so after the meeting we can choose the bugs between us
Nov 19 10:53 <chen> and the left ones can be looked into tomorrow if no one picks :) i don hope to see any though :)
Nov 19 10:53 <chen> ok ?
Nov 19 10:54 <chen> mcrha, mbarnes jony abharath ^
Nov 19 10:54 <jony> sounds good
Nov 19 10:54 <mcrha> for me tomorrow, other meeting in ~6 minutes, and then leaving home. Unless it'll be a short meeting
Nov 19 10:54 <chen> cool
Nov 19 10:54 <mbarnes> sounds good to me
Nov 19 10:54 <abharath> chen: okies
Nov 19 10:54 <chen> mcrha, cool np
Nov 19 10:55 <chen> moving on to the next then,
Nov 19 10:55 <chen> patch reviews
Nov 19 10:55 <chen> we have around 72 unreviewed patches across components
Nov 19 10:55 <chen> I can take the calendar patches along with some mailer patches as mailer top the numbers..
Nov 19 10:56 <chen> how do we share the others?
Nov 19 10:56 <chen> I know mbarnes will look across components though mailer would top ur list
Nov 19 10:57 <chen> but would be good to share the load with reponsibility associated..
Nov 19 10:57 <chen> who is ready to grab the plugin patches ? :)
Nov 19 10:57 <jony> (time for my theraphy. bfn.)
Nov 19 10:57 <mbarnes> I can help with the plugin patches
Nov 19 10:57 *jony is now known as jony|afk
Nov 19 10:58 <mcrha> I looked once on plugin patches, but then there left few of mine which aren't (or isn't) as that simple to just commit
Nov 19 10:58 <chen> cool!
Nov 19 10:58 <chen> mcrha, mbarnes would help there..
Nov 19 10:58 <mcrha> yup
Nov 19 10:58 <chen> contacts and misc ? :)
Nov 19 10:59 <chen> abharath, mcrha ^^
Nov 19 10:59 <mcrha> best suitable for lakhil again? ;)
Nov 19 10:59 <abharath> chen: plugins I could. misc scary ;)
Nov 19 11:00 *lakhil says big NO
Nov 19 11:00 <chen> I understand there are certain pieces of code which one may not understand and would need learning
Nov 19 11:00 <chen> the same holds good with me too for mailer.. though it might take learning+review it would worth to spend time..
Nov 19 11:00 <chen> abharath, plugins is already grabbed :)
Nov 19 11:00 <mcrha> it'snot only about that. Consider design changes, decision about design changes, and also the code change, thus patches unapplicable.
Nov 19 11:01 <chen> abharath, contacts or misc ? :)
Nov 19 11:01 <mbarnes> for me, I'm game for reviewing any patches for evo
Nov 19 11:01 <mbarnes> and possibly camel -- with help from others
Nov 19 11:01 <chen> mbarnes, sure I will join u there :) and also learn from you :)
Nov 19 11:01 <abharath> chen: hmmm contacts then ;) but I would still snatch the plugins ;)
Nov 19 11:02 <abharath> chen: contacts it will be then
Nov 19 11:02 <chen> mcrha, yup agree, but there are people who know the design well in every area,
Nov 19 11:02 <chen> so would be good to get the help from there wherever required and make a closure on the reviews..
Nov 19 11:03 <chen> for example ross is the best person for address-book, since he cant always revuew all patches
Nov 19 11:03 <chen> it would be good if someone contacts him when needed to share the load with him..
Nov 19 11:03 <chen> abharath, hehe
Nov 19 11:03 *hggdh has quit (Read error: 148 (No route to host))
Nov 19 11:03 <chen> so we have some names set :)
Nov 19 11:04 <chen> will get it published in the wiki after the meeting for future reference :)
Nov 19 11:04 <chen> and that leads us to another agenda..
Nov 19 11:04 <chen> wiki :)
Nov 19 11:05 <chen> mbarnes, any plans for migrating the wiki, understand that you were thinking about the best,
Nov 19 11:05 <chen> possible ways to transfer the content to lgo
Nov 19 11:06 <chen> jony|afk also did some initial work, prolly he can also share his views once he is back in m-l prolly..
Nov 19 11:06 <chen> mbarnes, are we looking at moving the content anytime near?
Nov 19 11:07 <chen> later..
Nov 19 11:07 <chen> starting with updates from my side..
Nov 19 11:07 <mbarnes> chen: I'd like to, but haven't really made any progress on it yet. too busy
Nov 19 11:08 <chen> mbarnes, what about putting the live content which is happening in lgo for now?
Nov 19 11:08 <chen> lets migrate the old data later..
Nov 19 11:08 <chen> and use lgo for any reference for whatever we do from now..
Nov 19 11:08 <mbarnes> sure. start with stuff linked to on the front page + anything else we're actively updating
Nov 19 11:09 <chen> cool, will put those data in lgo today
Nov 19 11:09 <andre> uhm. please don't split wiki content into two domains (lgo and go-evo.org). that will make things hard to find
Nov 19 11:10 <chen> andre, we will keep the old data which holds a lot of old design in go-evol.org for now..
Nov 19 11:10 <andre> as long as the current unbearable situation gets fixed...
Nov 19 11:10 <chen> andre, whatever is current would be in lgo for sometime, atleast for starters..
Nov 19 11:10 <andre> you cannot create a new account in go-evo.org
Nov 19 11:10 <abharath> yes have links for now in the front page but don't forget to migrate slowly over time :)
Nov 19 11:10 <andre> that's not what i define as a wiki.
Nov 19 11:11 <chen> andre, atleast something rather than nothing :)
Nov 19 11:11 *chen saw some users want to editing the current data and ofcourse they can do with go-evo.org atm :(
Nov 19 11:11 *mcrha is now known as mcrha|mtg
Nov 19 11:12 *mbarnes is physically in another meeting right now, so apologies in advance for slow responses
Nov 19 11:12 *mcrha|mtg will be back later
Nov 19 11:12 <chen> andre, good to do it progressively isn it?
Nov 19 11:12 <chen> mcrha|mtg, mbarnes sure np
Nov 19 11:13 <andre> i'm happy with *any* progress. :-P
Nov 19 11:13 <chen> andre, sure you will see it :)
Nov 19 11:14 <chen> have been working on some bugs fixes and more on meeting over the last week. got to get the unreviewed patches from the list :)
Nov 19 11:14 <chen> mcrha|mtg, btw would be good if you change the patch status to unreviewed,
Nov 19 11:14 <chen> on the patches where you are waiting for a review and the status is reviewed..
Nov 19 11:14 <chen> abharath, updates ?
Nov 19 11:15 <abharath> chen: mostly on mapi issues. will commit them tomo
Nov 19 11:15 <chen> abharath, cool
Nov 19 11:15 <chen> andre, anything to share?
Nov 19 11:16 <abharath> chen: wanted to start with FreeBusy, but will do only after fixing some more contact bugs in mapi
Nov 19 11:16 <chen> abharath, ah ok, thats going to be very important feature for mapi..
Nov 19 11:16 <chen> EvaSDK, anything to share?
Nov 19 11:17 <chen> jonner, would be nice to catch often from now, anything to share?
Nov 19 11:18 <chen> lakhil, updates?
Nov 19 11:18 <lakhil> chen: filed many bugs against master in last 2 weeks, patch testing and bug triaging
Nov 19 11:18 <EvaSDK> chen: nope
Nov 19 11:18 <jonner> not at the moment, no.
Nov 19 11:18 <andre> nothing to share.
Nov 19 11:19 <chen> lakhil, hope the last you shared last week will get exhausted next week and be ready with a new one for next week :)
Nov 19 11:19 <chen> EvaSDK, jonner andre fine
Nov 19 11:19 <lakhil> sure .. /me will send new bug list by Monday
Nov 19 11:19 <EvaSDK> chen: hum, actually I cleaned up the wiki again in the last few days, some old spam account that is not removed yet
Nov 19 11:20 <chen> mbarnes, updates if ur able to see this ? (/me does not want to disturb as ur in another meeting)
Nov 19 11:20 <mbarnes> I posted my long-term plans for Camel to evolution-hackers yesterday
Nov 19 11:20 <mbarnes> ("long-term" as in not actively working on it right now, just scheming and planning)
Nov 19 11:20 <mbarnes> many fundamental design decisions in Camel date back to the GNOME 1.x era
Nov 19 11:20 <mbarnes> times have changed. we have GObject, GIO and GNIO now
Nov 19 11:20 <mbarnes> and some of those design decisions should be reversed in Evolution 3
Nov 19 11:20 <mbarnes> with particular emphasis on moving to an async-based instead of thread-based design
Nov 19 11:20 <mbarnes> I also uploaded a branch I've been picking at over the past year called "camel-gobject"
Nov 19 11:20 <mbarnes> which will begin moving us in that direction
Nov 19 11:20 <chen> EvaSDK, sorry for that..
Nov 19 11:21 <chen> mbarnes, nice :) any idea when the gnio would have the ssl capability ?
Nov 19 11:21 <EvaSDK> chen: no problem, just saying so you guys don't forget about this spam issue :)
Nov 19 11:21 <mbarnes> not sure. Dan Winship is on it. I'll check with him
Nov 19 11:22 <chen> EvaSDK, we would soon obsolete go-evolution which would solve the problem :)
Nov 19 11:22 <mbarnes> probably well before I'm ready to use it
Nov 19 11:22 <andre> danw? uh, cool.
Nov 19 11:22 <chen> mbarnes, that would be great!
Nov 19 11:22 <EvaSDK> nice
Nov 19 11:22 <chen> mbarnes, hope there would be not a big change for imapx, but lets see :)
Nov 19 11:23 <chen> mcrha|mtg, updates?
Nov 19 11:23 <chen> treitter, anything to share?
Nov 19 11:23 <treitter> chen: not specifically. We'll keep everyone updated on the wiki/mailing list/bugzilla :)
Nov 19 11:24 *chen targets mid of next month (dec 3rd week) for a demo on imapx
Nov 19 11:24 <chen> treitter, nice :)
Nov 19 11:24 <abharath> chen: cool :)
Nov 19 11:24 <chen> anything else to discuss ?
Nov 19 11:25 <lakhil> it will be good to get some patch reviews done before stable release :)
Nov 19 11:25 <chen> lakhil, sure!
Nov 19 11:26 <chen> lakhil, let us know if u have some specific bug numbers in mind..
Nov 19 11:26 <lakhil> sure
Nov 19 11:26 <chen> we then catch up next week. thanks all for joining!! have a nice week ahead :)
Nov 19 11:27 <lakhil> good night
Nov 19 11:27 <andre> heh
Nov 19 11:27 <chen> see u, bye
Nov 19 11:28 <abharath> bye all