Jan 06 10:44 <chen> hi all
Jan 06 10:44 <chen> was i offline all this time :(
Jan 06 10:44 <chen> <chen> hi andre mbarnes jonner mcrha!
Jan 06 10:44 <chen> <chen> wish u a very very happy new year!!
Jan 06 10:44 <chen> <chen> we wont be having much people for the meeting today..
Jan 06 10:44 <chen> <chen> andre, mbarnes mcrha still there ? :)
Jan 06 10:44 <chen> * chen waits :)
Jan 06 10:44 <mcrha> hi, yup
Jan 06 10:44 <chen> was typing all the above thinking i was online :(
Jan 06 10:45 <chen> really sorry for that..
Jan 06 10:45 <chen> lets get started right away :)
Jan 06 10:45 <chen> wish u all a very very happy new year!!
Jan 06 10:45 <andre> you just stole 10min of my precious life! :-P
Jan 06 10:45 <andre> to you too :)
Jan 06 10:45 <Muelli> yeah, Happy New Year :)
Jan 06 10:46 <chen> andre, yeah i realized a bit late :)
Jan 06 10:46 <chen> jony and lakhil would not be able to join us today..
Jan 06 10:46 <chen> Starting with general project updates..
Jan 06 10:46 <chen> We have the 2.29.5 release coming on Jan 6th,
Jan 06 10:46 <chen> String/ui announce period starts from jan 6th. Please commit all the patches which has string/ui changes before that period.
Jan 06 10:47 <jonner> (here)
Jan 06 10:47 <chen> hey jonner
Jan 06 10:47 <jonner> hello
Jan 06 10:47 <dave_largo> chen nominated me for being the Wiki dude :)
Jan 06 10:47 <chen> lol yeah :) thanks dave_largo!!
Jan 06 10:48 <dave_largo> I already starting moving some things over, it's going to take a while
Jan 06 10:48 <treitter> (also here)
Jan 06 10:48 <dave_largo> I can't work on it fulltime
Jan 06 10:48 <chen> please update the roadmap page in the wiki for the task updates..
Jan 06 10:49 <chen> dave_largo, we can share it between all of us as it definetly requires some manual work
Jan 06 10:50 <dave_largo> Yeah, I'm not deleting anything from the old pages, just moving over the information slowly
Jan 06 10:50 <chen> we need to re-look at the status of the major tasks and the fix the regression issues due to lot of changes made to call 2.30 a really stable one..
Jan 06 10:50 <chen> will float a mail initiating a discussion so that akhil, jony and abharath also can join..
Jan 06 10:51 <chen> starting with update from my side,
Jan 06 10:51 <chen> primarily working on fetching mails and cleanup things. would be getting the idle support ready by tomorrow and move along with store operations, search and preference options..
Jan 06 10:52 <chen> andre, anything to share?
Jan 06 10:52 <chen> btw we could all share our new year pics :)
Jan 06 10:52 <andre> no
Jan 06 10:52 *chen is sure dave_largo should have had a wonderful time :)
Jan 06 10:53 <chen> dave_largo, anything to share?
Jan 06 10:53 <andre> now everybody back to work.
Jan 06 10:53 <chen> my firefox got stuck
Jan 06 10:53 <dave_largo> Yes, I can get us a good price at Busch Gardens to ride roller coasters...everyone needs to fly down
Jan 06 10:53 <chen> andre, nice :)
Jan 06 10:54 <chen> andre, ur cube mates ? :)
Jan 06 10:54 <chen> jonner, updates?
Jan 06 10:54 <andre> yeah :)
Jan 06 10:54 <chen> dave_largo, anytime :)
Jan 06 10:54 <jonner> I'm working on a fairly major refactor of the mail-mt stuff right now. will probably need some feedback on my design soon
Jan 06 10:54 <dave_largo> chen ^
Jan 06 10:54 <chen> cool
Jan 06 10:54 <chen> mbarnes, updates?
Jan 06 10:55 <mbarnes> just got back from two weeks vacation, so no progress to report
Jan 06 10:55 <mbarnes> my plan for this month is to get serious about kill-bonobo regressions again
Jan 06 10:55 <mbarnes> and, if I can find time, finish and debug the camel-gobject branch for 2.31
Jan 06 10:55 <chen> jonner, we will need to see if all changes need to go into master..
Jan 06 10:55 <chen> if the changes are more, prolly would be better to go with a branch and later merge it with master..
Jan 06 10:55 <jonner> chen, yes, it might not go into master right away to avoid risking regressions
Jan 06 10:56 <chen> mbarnes, yes a right time for bugs :)
Jan 06 10:56 <chen> jonner, cool
Jan 06 10:56 <chen> mcrha, updates?
Jan 06 10:56 <mcrha> trying to recover from a vacation, even it passed quickly here. On various things like usually. And also on some internal things.
Jan 06 10:57 <chen> dave_largo, would love to ride in that :)
Jan 06 10:57 <chen> mcrha, yeah those pass too quickly, perhaps even the whole last year :)
Jan 06 10:57 <chen> Muelli, anything to share?
Jan 06 10:57 <Muelli> chen: nope.
Jan 06 10:58 <chen> treitter, updates?
Jan 06 10:58 <treitter> I factored out my libebook and libecal test suite from my gdbus branch so they can be merged in ASAP. The review request is bug #605709. And I'm still waiting on review of my gdbus branch (though we won't be able to merge it until gdbus and gvariant are in GLib).
Jan 06 10:58 <Muelli> well. maybe we should fix the upgrade path.. It's still broken IIRC. i.e. the update path kills itself.
Jan 06 10:58 <treitter> I'm currently working on factoring out common code for the e-addressbook factory and e-calendar factory
Jan 06 10:59 <treitter> it's turned out to be a lot of work and a bit of new code. We'll see if it's worth it as soon as I'm done (should be between today and Friday)
Jan 06 10:59 <chen> treitter, will look through it sometime this week, though i guess srag/ross is also looking at it..
Jan 06 10:59 <treitter> chen: yup
Jan 06 11:00 <treitter> srag should hopefully be looking at it, though I think he may be on vacation
Jan 06 11:00 <chen> treitter, it would be worth getting it into master asap if it fixes the threading issues better,
Jan 06 11:00 <chen> so that we can get rid of the locks put in for working around it..
Jan 06 11:00 <treitter> chen: yeah, the sooner the better
Jan 06 11:00 <chen> yup right
Jan 06 11:00 <treitter> absolutely
Jan 06 11:01 <chen> Muelli, upgrade path?
Jan 06 11:01 <chen> Muelli, have any bug filed?
Jan 06 11:01 <treitter> I'm also hoping for a review from davidz, since there's a minor issue that prevents us from ripping out dbus-glib entirely
Jan 06 11:01 <treitter> I'll ping him again
Jan 06 11:01 *chen looks at it
Jan 06 11:01 <Muelli> not upgrade. Backup/restore I mean
Jan 06 11:01 *Muelli just got up...
Jan 06 11:02 <chen> Muelli, fine will look over it after the meeting
Jan 06 11:02 <chen> treitter, fine
Jan 06 11:02 <chen> anything else to be discussed ?
Jan 06 11:03 <chen> Next week then at the same time :)
Jan 06 11:03 <chen> hopefully xchat does not cheat me next time ;)
Jan 06 11:03 *lakhil (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #evolution-meet
Jan 06 11:03 <chen> Thank you everyone!!
Jan 06 11:03 <chen> hey lakhil
Jan 06 11:03 <lakhil> hi chen
Jan 06 11:03 <lakhil> meeting over ?
Jan 06 11:04 <chen> lakhil, ur right at the end of the meeting :)
Jan 06 11:04 <lakhil> :-P
Jan 06 11:04 <lakhil> just back from dinner
Jan 06 11:04 <chen> lakhil, but u can always update us :)
Jan 06 11:04 <chen> lakhil, congrats for being the top bug closer of 2009!!
Jan 06 11:05 <lakhil> bug triaging mostly last week ... learning to build packages :-)
Jan 06 11:05 <lakhil> chen, thanks
Jan 06 11:05 <chen> wow nice :)
Jan 06 11:06 *andre wonders if he can trick mbarnes again into three days of libgnomecanvas killing for 2.30
Jan 06 11:07 *mbarnes wonders too ;)
Jan 06 11:07 <chen> :)
Jan 06 11:07 <lakhil> :D
Jan 06 11:07 <chen> lakhil, now the meeting is over :)
Jan 06 11:08 <lakhil> sure
Jan 06 11:09 <andre> treitter: gdbus and gvariant are not yet in GLib?! sigh
Jan 06 11:10 *andre has an ancient post-it here saying "week 36 of 2009" for that :-(
Jan 06 11:10 *chen is now known as chen|brb
Jan 06 11:13 <treitter> andre: not the last time I checked
Jan 06 11:13 <andre> garr
Jan 06 11:13 <andre> glib and gtk are such a... fscking slow area
Jan 06 11:13 <treitter> I had to install the "gsettings" branch of glib, not the gvariant one, since they had slightly different versions of gvariant
Jan 06 11:13 <treitter> and the master branch didn't have it at all, or something
Jan 06 11:14 <treitter> and I had to use the gdbus-standalone repo
Jan 06 11:15 <mbarnes> andre: moreso glib and gobject