Apr 07 11:31 <chen> Lets get started and akhil can join us on the way..
Apr 07 11:31 <chen> We just had our evolution 2.30 release which was simply a great moment considering the amount of good changes that has gone into the release..
Apr 07 11:32 <chen> It was a pleasure to see this, http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/04/02/thanks-evolution-developers/ :)
Apr 07 11:32 <muelli> :)
Apr 07 11:32 <chen> i hope mbarnes would have already noticed it :)
Apr 07 11:33 <chen> credits to each one of us for putting in such a great effort which is already making a lot of users happy!!
Apr 07 11:34 <chen> I guess mbarnes and mcrha has already started on some tasks for 3.0 release. Please list them in the road-map for 3.0 release..
Apr 07 11:34 *mcrha not yet
Apr 07 11:34 <chen> mbarnes, has the planning page for 3.0 already created ?
Apr 07 11:35 <chen> mcrha, oh ok
Apr 07 11:35 <chen> myself and bharath would start putting in more work from end of this month due to some downstream work atm..
Apr 07 11:35 <mcrha> maybe tomorrow or so, but it's really close
Apr 07 11:35 <chen> though we would be sneaking in some time for review and some fixes for the stable release..
Apr 07 11:35 <chen> mcrha, cool
Apr 07 11:35 <mbarnes> chen: yes. I was waiting for others to update it before linking to it from the main page
Apr 07 11:36 <chen> mbarnes, cool, would be nice if you update the tasks which are already looking into..
Apr 07 11:37 <chen> oh cool :)
Apr 07 11:37 <chen> was just asking on the same :)
Apr 07 11:37 <chen> mbarnes, prolly we can remove the tasks which does not have any owner from there?
Apr 07 11:38 <mbarnes> yeah, will do
Apr 07 11:38 <chen> mbarnes, cool, thanks :)
Apr 07 11:38 <chen> Akhil would provide us some updates on the Bug day if he is able to make it for the meeting..
Apr 07 11:39 <chen> if there is nothing more to be discussed, we can go ahead with status reports..
Apr 07 11:39 <abharath> 2 mins brb
Apr 07 11:40 <chen> abharath, ok
Apr 07 11:40 <chen> form my side,
Apr 07 11:40 <chen> had been mostly into the downstream issues,
Apr 07 11:40 <chen> fixing some imap issues stealing some time..
Apr 07 11:40 <chen> andre, anything to share?
Apr 07 11:41 <abharath> ok akhil called up now. He had some issues with the power supply back home
Apr 07 11:41 <andre> no
Apr 07 11:41 <chen> dave_largo, anything to share? hope ur back from lunch.. ;)
Apr 07 11:41 <andre> though I wonder when libgnomecanvas will die ;-)
Apr 07 11:41 <chen> abharath, ah ok
Apr 07 11:41 <abharath> Bug Day statistics ^^^^
Apr 07 11:41 <chen> andre, yup on the list todo :)
Apr 07 11:42 <andre> this is stuff that should happen for .1 to get testing... :-)
Apr 07 11:42 <chen> mbarnes, will integration with annum get rid of libgnomecanvas ?
Apr 07 11:42 <abharath> X-axis is the version, and Y-axis the # of bugs triaged
Apr 07 11:42 <chen> andre, not sure if we would be able to make it to .1 though
Apr 07 11:43 *chen checks the image
Apr 07 11:43 <mbarnes> chen: afaik, annum is reusing our calendar widgets so there's now -two- modules using libgnomecanvas
Apr 07 11:43 <chen> mbarnes, oh then its left to us :)
Apr 07 11:43 <mbarnes> there's a foocanvas branch started already, but it's not a high priority for me right now
Apr 07 11:44 *lakhil (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #evolution-meet
Apr 07 11:44 <chen> mbarnes, ok
Apr 07 11:44 <lakhil> hello !! sorry for the delay
Apr 07 11:44 <chen> mbarnes, yeah i see it in the road-map already :)
Apr 07 11:44 <chen> mbarnes, any milestones which your think of for pushing those in ?
Apr 07 11:44 <chen> hey lakhil
Apr 07 11:45 <lakhil> thanks abharath
Apr 07 11:45 <lakhil> it's a simple matrix which i measured
Apr 07 11:46 <chen> to give some progress details ?
Apr 07 11:46 <mbarnes> I can as long as we keep it up-to-date
Apr 07 11:46 <chen> lakhil, nice, do you want to share more details on the same ?
Apr 07 11:47 <chen> mbarnes, sure, we can ensure that the assigned owners keep them updated
Apr 07 11:47 <chen> hggdh, anything to share?
Apr 07 11:47 <chen> abharath, updates ?
Apr 07 11:47 <lakhil> chen, i would like to thank every one for their participation as we were able to triage more than 300 bugs.
Apr 07 11:48 <lakhil> chen, first time in my career i have seen evolution bug count less than gtk+ :-)
Apr 07 11:48 <chen> lakhil, wonderful :) and apologies from my side for not being able to participate :(
Apr 07 11:48 <chen> lol
Apr 07 11:48 <abharath> chen: mostly downstream issues. Back to MAPI by April end
Apr 07 11:48 <lakhil> chen, no probs
Apr 07 11:48 <chen> abharath, cool
Apr 07 11:49 <abharath> chen: also pushed the initial set of change for FreeBusy support for MAPI. Will merge it soon
Apr 07 11:49 <chen> jonner, anything to share?
Apr 07 11:49 <chen> jpunit, updates?
Apr 07 11:49 <chen> abharath, thats nice, long waited one..
Apr 07 11:49 <abharath> chen: the changes on a branch right now
Apr 07 11:49 <chen> abharath, btw please make sure all the downstream patches are getting upstreamed..
Apr 07 11:49 <abharath> chen: sure thing
Apr 07 11:49 <chen> abharath, ok
Apr 07 11:50 <chen> kov, anything to share?
Apr 07 11:50 <jpunit> Hi I am working on some calendar and mapi specific bugs ..
Apr 07 11:50 <chen> jpunit, fine
Apr 07 11:50 <chen> jpunit, please get the approved patches,
Apr 07 11:50 <chen> committed through anyone of us
Apr 07 11:50 <chen> who has the commit rights
Apr 07 11:50 <chen> lakhil, updates ?
Apr 07 11:51 <lakhil> chen, mostly on internal testing schedule, some upstream patches testing and bug triaging
Apr 07 11:51 <chen> lakhil, cool, thanks :)
Apr 07 11:51 <chen> liam, anything to share?
Apr 07 11:51 <chen> mbarnes, updates?
Apr 07 11:51 <mbarnes> camel-gobject progress:
Apr 07 11:51 <mbarnes> I've been scraping off the code cleanup I did on that branch last year and merging it to master, mainly so I can examine important changes in the branch more easily
Apr 07 11:51 <mbarnes> next step is to dump CamelException in favor of GError and get all the issues around that sorted out
Apr 07 11:51 <mbarnes> and then I will convert all Camel classes to GObject and finish the work directly on master
Apr 07 11:51 <mbarnes> with any luck I'll have that much done by 2.31.1
Apr 07 11:52 <liam> nothing from my side... pretty much busy thanks to university, but try to step as often in as I can to take a look. If there's anything, feel free to ping
Apr 07 11:52 <chen> mbarnes, thats just awesome :)
Apr 07 11:52 <chen> mbarnes, btw on camel-gobject,
Apr 07 11:53 <liam> and else... well, trying to get into gtk / evo code, but I think this will take a long time..^^
Apr 07 11:53 <chen> would it be great to have it tested completely before merging it in ?
Apr 07 11:53 <chen> am just sceptical of the glib main-loop events are going to play
Apr 07 11:54 <chen> liam, sure :)
Apr 07 11:54 <chen> mcrha, updates?
Apr 07 11:54 <abharath> chen: as long as its within .1 should be ok. but whatever mbarnes is comfortable with
Apr 07 11:54 <chen> muelli, anything to share ?
Apr 07 11:54 <mcrha> tried to cleanup few translation and string bugs; committed pending patches from the freeze time (would be nice if, as part of pre-release steps, one makes sure none "accepted*" patches left. I found some pretty old.) There still left patches for a review, please look at them. Finally I'm trying to copy more pages from oo-evo.org to live.gnome.org; seems about 50 pages left to go through (I do not copy each of them, and it need human intervention too; ma
Apr 07 11:54 <mbarnes> chen: for now I'm just merging things in phases. merge some changes, fix any issues, rinse, repeat
Apr 07 11:54 <muelli> nope. thanks
Apr 07 11:54 <dave_largo> Back if anyone needs anything.
Apr 07 11:55 <chen> mbarnes, fine with that :)
Apr 07 11:55 <hggdh> I am just returning to Evo ;-) so nothing at the moment
Apr 07 11:55 <mbarnes> chen: but yeah, I will do more extensive testing when I get to the critical stuff. right now it's all fluff
Apr 07 11:55 <lakhil> chen, when are we planning to merge gdbus changes ?
Apr 07 11:55 <chen> mcrha, sure, will be spending some time on reviews
Apr 07 11:55 <chen> mbarnes, cool
Apr 07 11:55 <lakhil> hggdh, it will good if you can provide evolution 2.30.0 in ppa
Apr 07 11:55 <chen> lakhil, that will wait until gdbus gets obsorbed in glib
Apr 07 11:56 <chen> lakhil, so michael has already given it a shot and changes are available in a branch
Apr 07 11:56 <lakhil> ok
Apr 07 11:56 <chen> vibha1, updates?
Apr 07 11:56 <hggdh> lakhil: will look into it, but until end of month it will be difficult
Apr 07 11:57 <chen> mcrha, btw thanks a lot for the wiki migration stuff :)
Apr 07 11:57 <lakhil> hggdh, take you time .. no hurries
Apr 07 11:57 <abharath> mcrha: I am sure you must already be marking the migrated pages as suggested by mbarnes
Apr 07 11:57 <mcrha> chen: you'll thank me again when you'll see the mess I caused ;)
Apr 07 11:58 <abharath> lol
Apr 07 11:58 <lakhil> haha
Apr 07 11:58 <chen> lol mcrha but then,
Apr 07 11:58 <chen> we will only fix in lgo :)
Apr 07 11:58 <vibha1> Hi I am looking into camel-mapi issues
Apr 07 11:58 <chen> so am not much worried about that :)
Apr 07 11:58 <mcrha> abharath: on the old wiki? I do not edit that pages at all
Apr 07 11:58 <chen> vibha1, fine
Apr 07 11:58 <abharath> mcrha: please do :) no duplicate effort please :)
Apr 07 11:59 *abharath has quit (Excess Flood)
Apr 07 11:59 <mcrha> abharath: they are named same, so you see a duplicate, and, when I will finish with it, then nothing will left anyway
Apr 07 11:59 <chen> mcrha, that summarizes it :)
Apr 07 12:00 <jonner> so as you guys probably figured out, I've unfortunately had a change in assignment, so I'm not currently working on evolution at the moment
Apr 07 12:00 <chen> jonner, hope you would still be sticking around :)
Apr 07 12:00 <chen> with evo :)
Apr 07 12:01 <chen> prolly in some spare time if poss..
Apr 07 12:01 <jonner> I'll certainly help out on my own time if anybody wants to pick up the mail-to-eds stuff, but I can't guarantee that I'll have time to work on it.
Apr 07 12:01 <chen> jonner, yup understandable..
Apr 07 12:02 <chen> thats it for today's meeting. Lets catch up next week :)
Apr 07 12:02 <chen> thanks everyone