May 16 11:34 <chen> Lets get started!!
May 16 11:34 <chen> To start with project updates,
May 16 11:35 <chen> we had the last scheduled stable release 3.4.2 out this monday may-14th,
May 16 11:35 <chen> and we have the next upcoming unstable release 3.5.2 coming this june 04
May 16 11:35 <chen> mcrha has published the draft for EBackendOfflineCache at http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-hackers/2012-May/msg00006.html
May 16 11:36 <chen> and i guess we could get some free hands on it..
May 16 11:36 <chen> We now have the imapx provider subclassable
May 16 11:36 <xtian> \o/
May 16 11:37 <chen> its also possible to setup a groupwise account which can receive mails in imapx and send via soap..
May 16 11:37 <chen> the same feature could be extended to Exchange as well with,
May 16 11:37 <chen> mails being received through imapx and using ews for other features if that servers better for someone with small effort
May 16 11:38 <chen> thats the summary of the project updates
May 16 11:38 <chen> anything to be discussed from anyone ?
May 16 11:38 <mcrha> I recall dwmw2_gone talking justr abut the opposite, to use ews for reading and smtp for sending
May 16 11:38 <dwmw2_gone> channel go blue
May 16 11:38 <chen> mcrha, ah, that should be easy :)
May 16 11:38 <dwmw2_gone> yeah, sending via smtp would be nice sometimes.
May 16 11:39 <dwmw2_gone> especially because exchange is broken and doesn't allow 'forward as redirect'
May 16 11:39 <chen> dwmw2_gone, it can be done in a days time
May 16 11:39 <dwmw2_gone> shiny
May 16 11:39 <chen> dwmw2_gone, will get it done over the next week
May 16 11:39 <dwmw2_gone> mcrha: thanks for the reminder about activesync. I'll try to make sure it gets done this week
May 16 11:39 <mcrha> dwmw2_gone, thanks a lot
May 16 11:40 <chen> anything else before we move with individual updates.. ?
May 16 11:40 <mcrha> chen, if you want a little bit about the EBackendOfflineCache
May 16 11:40 <chen> mcrha, sure, that would be nice, go on..
May 16 11:40 <mcrha> nothing much specific, just that as you all may know it had been aimed for a GSoC student, but we didn't attract any, somehow
May 16 11:41 <mcrha> thus the "project" is stuck on man-power currently
May 16 11:41 <chen> mcrha, is there still time to accept applications from students ?
May 16 11:41 <mcrha> if I recall correctly then the initial draft covers also need for kolab, as I discussed with xtian
May 16 11:41 <chen> mcrha, ok
May 16 11:41 <mcrha> chen, I'm not sure, I left the paper work for Philip
May 16 11:42 <chen> mcrha, ok, we can just discuss and look for options offline
May 16 11:42 *xtian should be able to spend some time on the api draft, checking it more deeply
May 16 11:42 <mcrha> the core thing might be pretty simple, as most of the bits are part of the SQLite DB Summary for address book
May 16 11:42 <mcrha> but the rest will be harder
May 16 11:42 <chen> mcrha, understand
May 16 11:43 <mcrha> Philip also told that he's quite busy currently, but maybe later he'll find some time (I think a mid of June or July)
May 16 11:43 <mcrha> so maybe we'll get this for 3.6.0
May 16 11:43 <mcrha> who knows..
May 16 11:43 <chen> mcrha, oh ok
May 16 11:43 <mcrha> (and that's all, folks)
May 16 11:44 <chen> Btw on an another not w.r.t e-mail-factory,
May 16 11:44 <chen> mailer on eds,
May 16 11:44 <chen> had a small conversation with srini on a parallel phone call,
May 16 11:44 <chen> he is looking forward to get it in before the api/abi freeze commences,
May 16 11:45 <chen> he is also looking forward for the eclient apis for mailer
May 16 11:45 <mcrha> "looking forward" in a sense of "will have hopefully done"?
May 16 11:45 <chen> thats the tentative update we have now, will poke him for some more details later which could be shared on e-h list
May 16 11:46 <chen> mcrha, i think 'hopefully done' :)
May 16 11:46 <mbarnes> I think "just before api/abi freeze commences" is too late in the cycle for something like that
May 16 11:46 <mcrha> ok, makes sense (quite some work to be done) :)
May 16 11:46 <mbarnes> that really needs to land in a .1 or .2 release
May 16 11:47 <chen> mbarnes, .2 seems improbable from what i understood from the discussion
May 16 11:47 <chen> mbarnes, it would be more clear once he details it out on e-h list
May 16 11:47 <mbarnes> I'd kick it out to 3.7.1 then
May 16 11:47 <chen> mbarnes, yeah maybe
May 16 11:47 <chen> starting with individual updates,
May 16 11:48 *mcrha agrees with mbarnes, it'll be a huge change, and there is one planned for 3.6 alrady
May 16 11:48 <chen> updates from myside, worked a bit on imapx and some bug fixes,
May 16 11:48 <chen> looking forward to start off with EClientStore apis which i had left back after providing and concluding on a draft api set
May 16 11:49 <chen> mcrha, yeah i agree too
May 16 11:49 <chen> andre_, anything to share?
May 16 11:49 <chen> dvratil, updates?
May 16 11:49 <dvratil> I'm working on refactoring the mail formatter (again :-)). We made quite cool, more OOP-oriented design with mcrha. As result the formatter will be less-hardwired, extensible (!), more flexible, it will allow even more asynchronous mail rendering and some more cool stuff (and hopefully it won't break anything). As part of it, I converted some formatter-related plugins to modules. We'll review it tomorrow with Milan and hopefully it will
May 16 11:49 <dvratil> be ready on Friday or early next week. Then I'll do some more bugfixing and will start the composer-webkit sprint.
May 16 11:49 <chen> mcrha, that sounds really cool :)
May 16 11:50 <chen> dvratil, ^^
May 16 11:50 <chen> dvratil, thanks!!
May 16 11:50 *andre_ has nothing to share
May 16 11:50 <chen> dwmw2_gone, anything to share?
May 16 11:50 <chen> jpunit1, updates?
May 16 11:50 <mcrha> chen, mbarnes, we only miss configuration bindings for modules, and a way to disable them, like plugins can be.
May 16 11:51 <chen> mcrha, cool!
May 16 11:51 <chen> kov, anything to share?
May 16 11:51 <mbarnes> modules aren't meant to be disabled. that's the whole point of them not being EPlugins
May 16 11:51 <chen> mbarnes, updates?
May 16 11:51 <mbarnes> the finish line for the account-mgmt branch is approaching fast
May 16 11:51 <mbarnes> evolution itself is done, and now I'm working through evolution-ews
May 16 11:51 <mbarnes> I think once I finish evo-ews and evo-mapi I'll have a good idea of how to handle groupware accounts in general
May 16 11:51 <mbarnes> I was wondering if there would be objections to my merging the branch at that point
May 16 11:51 <mbarnes> and I'll finish the other groupware modules directly on master so we can get going on testing this bad boy
May 16 11:51 <mbarnes> I don't think it's a big deal if a couple groupware modules miss the next point release while I work on them
May 16 11:51 <mbarnes> and I know no one here is gonna test the branch until it's merged since we're all too busy
May 16 11:51 <mbarnes> but what do you guys think?
May 16 11:52 <chen> mbarnes, i can offer testing help
May 16 11:52 *mcrha searches for schedule page
May 16 11:52 <chen> mbarnes, what is timeline ur looking to merge ?
May 16 11:53 <mbarnes> if I'm ready in time I'd like to merge just AFTER the 3.5.2 release, or else asap thereafter
May 16 11:53 <xtian> mbarnes: as far as eko (evolution-kolab) goes, hope i'll have it ready for 3.5 by the time you merge
May 16 11:53 <mcrha> Jun 04 for 3.5.2
May 16 11:54 <chen> mbarnes, if the work over the groupware modules is manageable, i would say go for it..
May 16 11:54 <mcrha> mbarnes, I would say, if you've ews done, and you'll promise to do the other core groupware parts, then you can commit just after ews.
May 16 11:54 <chen> mbarnes, i hope it wont break the groupware accounts, that would make it unusable ?
May 16 11:54 <chen> mcrha, that's a nice idea
May 16 11:55 <chen> mcrha, updates?
May 16 11:55 <mcrha> xtian, maybe wait when it's merged, as it is otherwise a double rewrite ;)
May 16 11:55 <jpunit1> nothing much.. submitted folder size patch for ews.. and some internal work..
May 16 11:55 <mbarnes> chen: they would be unbuildable until I fix them
May 16 11:55 <chen> jpunit1, cool, thanks
May 16 11:56 <chen> mbarnes, how about mcrha's idea ?
May 16 11:56 <mcrha> I think I was just on bugs, nothing large being done by myself (I only guide Dan a little)
May 16 11:56 <chen> mcrha, thanks!!
May 16 11:56 <chen> vibs, updates?
May 16 11:57 <vibs> I just finished change password feature for EWS connector. And other bug fixes for downstream.
May 16 11:57 <chen> xtian, updates?
May 16 11:57 <xtian> eko still struggeling with libical memory issues. apart from that, we've branched off gnome-3-4
May 16 11:57 <chen> vibs, thanks!!
May 16 11:57 <mbarnes> chen: if you guys are okay with that, I should have EWS done by Jun 4 and hopefully well on my way with MAPI
May 16 11:57 <chen> xtian, cool, what kind of libical memory issues?
May 16 11:57 <xtian> i was thinking to port eko from 3.4.2 to 3.5.1 now
May 16 11:58 <mcrha> xtian, good for the branching.
May 16 11:58 <xtian> chen: memory corruption with timezones in libical0.48
May 16 11:58 <chen> mbarnes, am ok with it
May 16 11:58 <mcrha> mbarnes, me too
May 16 11:58 <mcrha> dvratil, ^?
May 16 11:58 <chen> xtian, oh ok. iirc mbarnes made some fixes w.r.t in evo. maybe u can look into evo logs
May 16 11:59 <mcrha> chen, xtian made it deeper in the investigation
May 16 11:59 <mbarnes> chen, mcrha: okay cool. you guys trust me more than I trust myself :)
May 16 11:59 <xtian> chen: i'll look these up, thanks
May 16 11:59 <dvratil> mbarnes, no problem :)
May 16 11:59 <chen> mbarnes, :)
May 16 11:59 <mcrha> xtian, didn't they do a release yet?
May 16 11:59 <chen> mcrha, oh ok
May 16 12:00 <xtian> mcrha: afaik not
May 16 12:00 <chen> Anything else from anyone before we wind up ?
May 16 12:00 <mcrha> xtian, if I recall correctly their "fix" was to enlarge some array to larger value, thus it wasn't reallocated
May 16 12:00 <xtian> mcrha: so far, there's only the workaround from that one ubuntu guy
May 16 12:00 <xtian> mcrha: that's the one
May 16 12:00 <mcrha> xtian, hrm, bad
May 16 12:01 <mcrha> the 0.48 is not a nice release, this is the second issue I know of
May 16 12:01 <xtian> mcrha: iirc, the upstream guys were mumbling something of a hosed memory management, in need of a rewrite
May 16 12:01 <mcrha> xtian, ...couple years ago ;)
May 16 12:01 <xtian> bigger issue
May 16 12:01 <chen> mcrha, :)
May 16 12:02 <xtian> hehe
May 16 12:02 <chen> Thanks everyone and lets catch up next month with more updates!!
May 16 12:02 <xtian> thanks chen
May 16 12:02 <mcrha> ...and with new evo
May 16 12:02 <chen> mcrha, yeah!!